What is Fashol.com?
Fashol.com Private Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Bangladesh, having its registered office at 130 Kabbokash, 5th Floor, Unit ¾, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215, created a mobile application [and website] “Fashol.com” that facilitates it’s users registered on the Fasol.com, to buy fresh fruits and vegetables across cities in Bangladesh (“Services”).
- The Digital Security Act 2018
- The Consumers’ Rights Protection Act, 2009
- The Information & Communication Technology Act, 2006
What is Sensitive Personal Data or Information?
According to the Digital Security Act 2018, sensitive personal data or information of a person means and includes such personal information about that person relating to the following (“Personal Information”):
- Financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details (“Financial Information”);
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information; and
- Information received by body corporates under lawful contract or otherwise.
There is also certain information which will be collected from users such as addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers and other contact information which may be used to personally identify users (“Personally Identifiable Information”).
It is important to note that information that is freely available in the public domain, or accessible under the Right to Information Act, or any other law will not be considered Personal Information, or as Personally Identifiable Information.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our app?
In the course of transacting on Fashol.com, users may be required to pay with a credit card, wire-transfer, or debit card through Fashol.com’s third-party payment gateway provider or any other platform. This third-party payment gateway provider may be required to collect certain Financial Information from users including, but not restricted to, their Financial Information. The Financial Information so collected will only be used for billing and payment for the sale of the Services through the Fashol.com. The processes of verifying the Financial Information will be entirely conducted by the user and the Fashol.com shall have no part in such processes.
The Financial Information collected from the users is transacted through secure digital platforms of approved payment gateways which are under encryption, thereby complying with reasonably expected technology standards. While Fashol.com shall make reasonable endeavours to ensure that the user’s Personal Information and the Financial Information is duly protected by undertaking security measures prescribed under applicable laws, the user is strongly advised to exercise discretion while providing Personal Information or Financial Information while using the Services given that the Internet is susceptible to security breaches.
Personal Information/Personally Identifiable Information:
- To identify the user, to understand his/her/its needs and resolve disputes, if any;
- To set up, manage and facilitate the offer of Products, and to enhance the Services to meet the user’s requirements;
- To provide ongoing service;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To resolve technical issues and troubleshoot problems;
- To aid the Fashol.com in collecting monies from users for transactions carried out on the Fashol.com;
- To keep users apprised of Fashol.com’s promotions and offers;
- To customize user experience;
- To detect and protect the Fashol.com from error, fraud and other criminal activities;
Automatically Generated Information
When a user visits Fashol.com, it automatically receives the following information:
- Uniform resource locator of the site from which such user visits the Fashol.com;
- Details of the website such User is visiting or leaving the Fashol.com;
- The internet protocol (“IP”) address of each user’s computer operating system;
- Type of web browser the user is using, email patterns; and
- The user’s internet service provider.
Fashol.com may also access, collect, store and/or monitor information regarding the user’s location, which includes but is not limited to his/her/its global positioning system coordinates vis-à-vis the device used to access Fashol.com. The location data does not collect or share any personally identifiable information about the user.
Fashol.com may keep records of telephone calls received from and made to users for the purpose of administration of Services, research and development, training, business intelligence, business development, or for user administration. Fashol.com may share the telephone records with third parties when required by law or when required to provide or facilitate the User with the Services.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from the user when the user registers on Fashol.com, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our application. We may offer email, app notifications, short message service (sms), multimedia message service (mms) or other forms of communication to share information with the about certain promotions or features the application may choose to offer or about our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, advertisers and sponsors. You may receive such communication when you have registered as a user.
Who has access to your information?
Employees and Authorized Personnel
All information that is collected, stored and disclosed to Fashol.com by the users is accessible only to authorized personnel and employees on a need-to-know basis. All employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of Personal Information or Financial Information provided by users are obliged to respect the confidentiality of every user’s Personal Information or Financial Information.
Government Institutions or Authorities
Fashol.com may share/use Personal Information and Personally Identifiable Information provided by users with the other parties for the purposes of:
- providing services, technical support, etc. in relation to the Services, and enhancing User experience; or
- Detecting and preventing identity theft, fraud or any other potentially illegal acts; or
- Monitoring and enhancing user interest and engagement, including through promotional activity, personal messages to users using Personally Identifiable Information provided by users, etc. or
- processing the purchase of Services on Fashol.com.
In the event that Fashol.com is merged with or acquired by another business entity, it will be required to transfer all Personal Information to such merging or acquiring party. In such a case, Fashol.com will take all reasonable efforts to make sure that Personal Information is protected by the merging or acquiring entity, in conformity with applicable laws.
Third Party upon Sale
Fashol.com may also disclose or transfer the personal and other information provided by Users, to any third party as a part of reorganization or a sale of the assets, division or transfer of a part or whole of the company. Any third party to which Fashol.com transfers or sells its assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that Users provide to Fashol.com.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from the user when the user registers, makes a purchase, signs up for our newsletter, responds to a survey or marketing communication, surfs the application, or uses certain other application features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our application in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other application feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
How do we protect your information?
Do we use ‘cookies’?
If users turn cookies off, some of the features that make users’ application experience more efficient may not function properly.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
130 Kabbokosh 5/4
6rd Karwanbazar Road
Karwan Bazar, Dhaka – 1215
Contact: +8801832 202 203